For years I struggled to find shoes that both looked good for work and were comfortable enough to walk long distances without band-aids (bleeding back of ankle and blisters on toes, anyone?). Which is why I’m thrilled that slip-on sneakers came back in style this year. I love how elegant they look with a dress or a jeans/blouse combo, and in many cases pass as business-casual. I wear them with mini no-show socks for a sockless look. Walking to work has never felt better, and best of all, no band-aids needed. Here, a couple of my favorite slip-on picks:
- I love the sophisticated black leather snakeskin pattern on Joie’s Huxley slip-on shoe. UPDATE: when I showed my friend a preview of this post, she was wearing these exact shoes- and they were super chic in person!
- I’ve been wearing Target’s Mad Love Reese Sneaker in white all summer; now they have them in this lustrous gold finish.
- Vince’s Perforated Blair Leather Sneaker is a simple, clean shoe of white leather and a white sole.
- Steve Madden’s Gills slip-on are a great way to sneak a pop of (faux) snakeskin into your outfit.
- The Arden Embellished Slip-On Sneaker by Karl Lagerfeld Paris feature a really pretty patent leather-look capped toe and shimmering crystal accents.